What We Believe:Camp JIM's History, Mission, and Statement of Faith
During the late 1800’s and early 1900’s immigrants left their farms in Europe to seek opportunities in MN with the development of logging camps here. Promised years of gainful employment ended abruptly when the trees were cleared. These immigrants were left to their original trade of farming. Unfortunately Northern MN in particular proved to be a poor career choice leaving many in poverty. The America Sunday School Union “ASSU”, now known as In faith saw this and an opportunity to reach these rural peoples with the Gospel of Christ. Starting in the 1920’s many ASSU missionaries came to this region. Arnold Frei was one of those missionaries.
In 1932 while leading many Sunday school ministries, he was given the vision by God to start Camp JIM (Jesus Is Mine) as a place where people of any income could come, hear the Word of God and grow in their faith. Later in the 1970’s he separated the camp from the ASSU in an effort to help it continue to grow and keep its focus. We are privileged to continue that vision of reaching the next generations regardless of social-economic standing as a non-denominational Christian camp.
Camp JIM exists to lovingly teach and model the gospel of salvation through Jesus Christ, and to encourage people to grow in faith and service.
Statement of Faith:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
- We believe in the sanctity of life of all humans.
- We believe in the sanctity of marriage between one biological man and biological woman.
- We believe in the literal flood, fall and creation as recorded in the scriptures.